Amended West Coast Muscle Car Club By Laws
The By Laws contain provisions for the regulation and management of the affairs of the Corporation as is consistent with Florida law and the Corporation Articles of Incorporation.
Members must be 21 years of age or older and have a passion for special interest automobiles.
Interested parties may apply for membership by using our website online secure server.
The Corporation By Laws can be read and printed from the Corporation website, Westcoastmusclecarclub.com. A printed copy of the By Laws is available upon request.
Membership consists of one (1) adult voting member, spouse/significant other, and all children under the age of 18.
Membership annual dues are due December 1st of each year. Anyone joining
between July and December will not be required to renew until the following year.
The amount of initial membership dues and membership renewal dues may change and will be determined by the Board of Directors during their first meeting in February.
Grounds for revocation of membership include: non-payment of renewal dues by December 31st, any acts that reflect poorly on the Corporation or its fellow members.
Meetings of Membership
(1) “Robert’s Rule of Order” shall apply to all Corporation meetings.
(2) Meeting times, locations and dates will be determined by the Board of Directors and be posted to the Corporation website at least 10 days in advance. Meetings usually occur once a month. Members must sign in their attendance.
(3) 15 members present at a general meeting constitutes a quorum for conducting business at all regular as well as special meetings.
(4) 5 voting Board members present at a Board meeting constitutes a quorum for conducting business.
(5) A budget committee, comprised of the four Officers, shall prepare the Corporation’s annual budget for the fiscal year by February 1st. The budget will be available to members on request.
(6) All notifications of meetings and general communication to the membership will be done through email or the website. Electronic presence is only permitted with the approval of the Corporation President.
(1) It is prohibited for any member to use the Corporation master email list without approval of the Board of Directors.
(2) It is prohibited to receive any compensation of net earnings and profits of the Corporation by the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, committee members, or other persons associated with the Corporation.
(3) No director, officer, employee, agent or representative of the Corporation will take any action to engage in any activity on behalf of the Corporation not permitted by an organization exempt under Section 501C(3) of the Internal Revenue code.
- The Corporation will maintain proper book and record keeping, including the Corporation’s annual report, as provided in Chapter 617 of the Florida Statutes.
- The Corporation fiscal year will be from January 1st through December 31st.
Any purchase of $500 or more shall be authorized by the Board of Directors before processing.
Officers and Board of Directors (General)
- The Board of Directors shall consist of nine (9) members, including four officers: President, Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretaryand five (5) at large directors.
- The incoming President will be appointed by the outgoing President. The Board of Directors and Officers will be appointed by the incoming president. The President, Officers and Board members will take officeApril 1st. All members are encouraged to participate in the Board process and should express interest for a position to the incoming President by February 1st.
- The Board shall meet at a time and place to be determined by the Board of Directors, usually once a month. Dates and times will be emailed to Board members at least seven days in advance of the scheduled meeting.
- No member may apply for or hold more than one position on the Board of Directors during the same term.
- Vacancies that occur on the Board during a term will be filled for the remaining part of the term by appointment by the President.
- Terms of office will be one year, fromApril 1st to March 31st.
- All members shall serve without financial compensation.
Officers and Board of Directors (Specific)
President: Establish and lead membership meetings. Establish and implement successful projects and goals for the year. Establish committees as needed for those projects to reach approved goals. Develop leadership and fellowship among members as well as with other car clubs. Establish recruitment goals. Oversee the Board of Directors and committees. Execute approved directives of the membership. Introduce new members at membership meetings.
Vice President: Assist the President with all directives and responsibilities. Assume the leadership role of the President in his/her absence.
Treasurer: Account for collection and dispersal of Corporation funds. Maintain the Corporation checking and savings accounts and keep accurate records. Provide financial reports and all necessary paperwork to an outside independent accountant as needed.
Secretary: Record all pertinent information from membership meetings. Establish and provide meeting minutes report. Record attendance at meetings. Disperse correspondence to assigned committees or team leaders.
The five directors will be Directors at Large.
Amendment of By Laws
The Corporation’s By Laws may be amended, altered, restated or repealed and new By Laws may be adopted only by the affirmative vote of a quorum present at a meeting for which written notice was given at least one month (30 days) prior to the intention to alter, amend, repeal or adopt new By Laws.
These By Laws are adopted on this 8th day of January, 2020 at VFW Lodge, Pine Ridge, Naples, Florida 34116.
Judy Ek, President _________________________________
Dave Stonitsch, Vice President _________________________________
Nikki Novotny, Treasurer __________________________________
April Love, Secretary __________________________________